Cosmetology Instructor Training Program
The Cosmetology Instructor Training Program from your premier beauty school in Georgia is a 900 hour, one-year minimum course designed to provide a trainee with the knowledge and skill to become an effective cosmetology instructor. Teaching requires an instructor to make a conscious effort to build a close working relationship with the students. This course focuses on the development of communication skills that enable instructors to teach ideas to students effectively. By consistently working on communication and clarity, instructors are also able to develop personalized approaches to individual students with differing ideas and skill levels.
Goals and Objectives
The course is divided into three (3) levels.
- General Education – Designed to introduce and prepare the trainee to function as a cosmetology instructor.
- Teaching Techniques – Designed to give trainees teaching methods, knowledge, teaching aids, classroom management, discipline, testing and evaluations.
- Practice Teaching – Designed for a trainee to learn how adults may differ, instructor/student relations and the art of teaching.
Contents of Instructional Units
(300 Hours) – Designed to introduce and prepare the trainee to function as a cosmetology instructor.
- Vocabulary Development
- Sanitation and Sterilization, including Bacteriology
- Hygiene (Personal and Public)
- Skin, Scalp and Nails
- Cosmetic Chemistry
- Electricity and Light Therapy
- Hair and Skin Disorders
- State Cosmetology Board Requirements and Record Keeping
- Salon Management
- Principles of Teaching Cosmetology
(300 Hours) – Designed to give trainees teaching methods knowledge, teaching aids, classroom management, discipline, testing and evaluations.
- Lesson Plans and Presentations
- Classroom Management and Discipline
- Demonstrations and Lecturing
- Testing and Examinations
(300 Hours) – Designed for a trainee to learn how adults may differ, instructor/student relations and the art of teaching.
- Teaching Adults
- Teacher/Student Relations