If a student withdraws from school and provides written notification, a refund will be processed within 30 days of the last day of attendance. All refunds are made within 45 days from the date Cobb Beauty College terminates a student or determines a student has withdrawn without written withdrawal notification from the student. In any event, all refunds will be made within 60 days of the student’s last day of attendance. Students who do not return from a Leave of Absence (LOA), a refund will be processed within 45 days of his/her scheduled return date.
- Refunds for classes canceled by Cobb Beauty College
If tuition and fees are collected in advance of the start date of a program and Cobb Beauty College cancels the class, 100% of the tuition and fees collected will be refunded. The refund will be processed within 30 days of the planned start date.
- Refunds for students who withdraw on or before the first day of class
If tuition and fees are collected in advance of the start date of a class and the prospective student does not begin class or withdraws on the first day of class, no more than $100 of the tuition and fees will be retained by Cobb Beauty College. Appropriate refunds for a student who does not begin class will be made within 45 days of the class start date.
- Refunds for students who have enrolled in a short-term program
Less than 300 clock hours, refresher courses, professional development, or continuing education, etc.
- If a student cancels one week or more prior to the scheduled class start date all collected monies will be refunded.
- If a student cancels less than one week prior to the scheduled start date for a class and/or by the first day of class, an administrative fee of $100.00 will be retained by Cobb Beauty College.
- If a student withdraws after attending the first day of class, no refund will be issued to the student.
- Refunds for a student who withdraws after class commences
- Return of Title IV Funds for a Student Receiving Financial Aid (Pell Grant and/or a Direct Loan). The return of Title IV funds as prescribed in Section 484B of the HEA Amendment determines the amount of Title IV aid a student has earned at the time a student withdraws. The amount of the Title IV aid a student has not earned is then returned to the Title IV programs. It is a proportional calculation based on the withdrawal date through 60% of the payment period.
- In brief, the formula is as follows:
- The Financial Aid Office will determine the date of withdrawal (last date of attendance) then determine the percentage of the payment period attended by a student.
- The Financial Aid Office will determine the amount of Title IV aid for which the student was eligible by the percentage of the time enrolled in the school.
- The Financial Aid Office will compare the Title IV amount earned to the amount disbursed. If the amount of aid disbursed exceeds the amount earned, the excess Title IV aid must be returned.
- The Financial Aid Office allocates the responsibility for returned unearned aid between the school and the student according to the portion of disbursed aid that could have been used to cover institutional charges and the portion that could have been disbursed directly to the student once institutional charges were covered.
- Cobb Beauty College and/or the student must then distribute the unearned Title IV aid back to the Title IV program.
- After this process has been completed, Cobb Beauty College will then perform the calculation of a student refund. The policy is based on the refund policy of the Council of Occupational Education (COE) as stated in paragraph (b) below. COE’s refund policy is also used to calculate refunds for all students who do not receive Title IV funds. The refund calculation could result in the student owing tuition or fees to Cobb Beauty College.
- Refund Policy (As stated in the COE Accreditation Policy)
- Non-Public Institutions
(1) Refund Policy for programs obligating students for periods of 12 months or less will be calculated as follows:
(a) After the first day of class and during the first 10% of the period of financial obligation, Cobb Beauty College will refund at least 90% of the tuition, 10% will be retained by Cobb Beauty College.
(b) After the first 10% of the period of financial obligation and until the end of the first 25% of the period of obligation, Cobb Beauty College will refund at least 50% of the tuition, 50% will be retained by Cobb Beauty College.
(c) After the first 25% of the period of financial obligation and until the end of the first 50% of the period of obligation, Cobb Beauty College will refund at least 25 % of the tuition, 75 % will be retained by Cobb Beauty College.
(d) After the first 50% of the period of financial obligation, Cobb Beauty College will retain 100% of the tuition.
(e) Refund Policy for Programs Obligating Students for Periods Beyond Twelve Months.
Institutions with programs longer than 12 months that financially obligate the student for any period of time beyond 12 month shall release the student of the obligation to pay beyond the 12 months if the student withdraws during the first 12 months. The calculation of the refund for the unused portion of the first 12 months shall be based on section (a)(1) Non-Public Institutions above.
(f) There will be no refunds after 12 months of enrollment.
- If the student is terminated or withdraws from Cobb Beauty College, Cobb Beauty College shall inform the student of any balance owed. Unless otherwise documented as part of an approved payment plan between the student and Cobb Beauty College, the full balance is due within 30 days of the students receipt the balance due. Letters are sent certified to the students most recent address on file. If the certified letter is returned it will be kept in the students file and collection procedures will proceed.
- Cobb Beauty College is committed to using ethical business practices in connection with any collection efforts. Collection correspondence shall reference Cobb Beauty College’s cancellation and refund policies set forth herein.
In the event that the student’s enrollment agreement is sold or discounted to a third party, such third party shall be required to comply with the cancellation and refund policies set forth in this policy.